A friendly match (sometimes just called a friendly) is a practice match, usually played before the start of the league season. Friendlies are used to help players regain their fitness ready for the season ahead or for managers to test out their tactics. They do not count as official matches, but in International friendlies, players still get a cap counted if they played in one.
Types of friendly
There are several types of friendly matches and friendly competition that can be played on FM/CM:
- Club friendly: a match between two clubs.
- International friendly: a match between 2 national teams.
- Friendly cup: a 4-team mini cup competition consisting of a semi final and a final.
- Friendly league: a 3 or 4 team mini league.
- Tour: a series of friendly games played, usually, in a foreign countries over a week or so.